Monday 22 April 2013

This is not the life I ordered!





No sir! I did not take out the menu and call my favorite take out  and place this order because if I had; my life would have come served with hot seasoned salsa fries, a large milkshake, lots of tomato sauce and maybe a pink martini just for fun.

Certified I love life and I must say it loves me back. This relationship I have with life is a new love in progress and this time am holding on to the end like it’s a dying child’s wish.
Life and I have not always had it great. I had times I did not notice life at all, times rejection had me thinking life is but lie. Times it felt like am drowning, struggling to breathe, overwhelmed.

Granted I cannot swim nor do I have asthma but the nightmare could not stop until I took a look back at my life and realized its not life that’s the problem it’s the people. But the day I looked my pops in the eye one day as he was talking to me as I sat on the outside steps of our home ( my thinking spot says my pops) and told the boldest lie of my life; ‘no sir! Am not thinking too much, no sir I do not isolate myself much and no sir I am not unhappy. I knew life just had to have heard my assertion.

So this was the first step on my life order. All I did before that was sail through life, follow routine and so on but now life was going to have to stick to my crazy order. I was having pizza that day and no one was changing the order.

No more hitting rock bottom… I had had enough of that. To some people rock bottom means drinking like a fish, well granted it can be fun while you’re at it… ‘No time is wasted while you’re being wasted!’ right? While to others rock bottom means you cut, self harm and so on. To people like me rock bottom means, a glaze, and self pity and yes the tears… it’s like you’re a moving zombie. The glow dies; the weight loss is like that of an anorexic. What’s scarier is that no one seems to notice … well except my dad… very strange if you think about it.


So after years of  getting served ‘posho and beans’ at school and what my mother orders at home I decided its that time in my life where I mix up my mothers order with what i like and only add posho and beans on occasion.

I decided its time to learn how to live life with the spoon of intelligence my pops gave me, the looks my moms dished out, the generosity my siblings dished out and yeah the determination my teachers beat into me and the love my God has for me. 

So I will learn how to swim, how to drive, climb a tree, dance salsa, be as eccentric as I want to be. So shove it all you close minded people, I will question the doctor about the meds he thinks are fit for me and yeah I will ignore the crap out of all self righteous and snobbish people out there.

On my order of life I want life, I need life, I love life, I adore life …  I will love God, love me, love you and love them.

No comments:

Post a Comment