Tuesday 30 April 2013

A bowl of pebbles and David's sling


Okay so, so and so is gay, correction the hotties are gay! I don’t get it …. I mean I do think I do but … actually I don’t! Am hetero sexual (although I think we hetros should get a cool abbreviation for our sexual orientation)… right? But I never get to see how our realization that we are hetero sexual ever gave us the right to post it on social media networks and force it down other peoples throats.

This show of sheer bravery is not called for at the expense of attracting creeps and perverts mind your personal space. Don’t you think face book would have a button for gay, bi or heterosexual if it were cool to tell the world who you prefer sleeping with?

Like come on, we still hide too. Call it our wardrobes as opposed to the gay pip’s closets. OMG do you think R. Kelly was hinting on something when he sang his closet series … laughable right… wrong. Now the English language is filled with innuendos because of this campaign I don’t want to understand.

Like for real do you think my mum or pops would be happy if they heard I posted about my sexual orientation on face book and how much I love it …or how am attacking Christianity, Muslims and other religions because they express a different opinion…  I doubt Sunday mornings would ever be the same at our home.

I mean couldn’t they have left all alone and with time we would have awoken to find some people are actually bi or gay. God help me! But really in a country that’s filled with homophobe’s you would expect me to preach and runt about so and so being gay, point fingers and crap but I refuse to indulge in such.

How does that change anything? In my opinion, it just horns their determination to go at what they are doing with more determination. Just think about it? How can we solve this if it can be solved or needs to be solved … do not look at me coz I have no clue.  

I mean I don’t get how someone would be gay for reasons that are obvious to me , am not about to understand the act but believe me I will not hate the person unless they rape, defile, sexually harass little ones, the innocent, force themselves on other people and such crap. But don’t get me twisted I will still stare at them any given day… I don’t like staring well unless you’re some hottie (read James Bond, Damon) but walk like your female when your not, dress in a strange manner and I will stare.

That beside the point, am actually sorry some of you confess to have hated your selves before and now want the world to know your sexual orientation, but be mindful and tell only people who matter in your life about your sexual orientation. I mean this country has serious phobia issues and am not saying am immune.

There is no vaccine for such a revelation unless you have many people around you who are gay or bi such that your 'unshockable' and here in Uganda we have many who would stone you rather than hug you. But don't you ever think that if people did not shout about gay rights and the rest of us never pointed fingers at them half the people who wake up and discover they are gay would not indeed be gay? 




No comments:

Post a Comment