Tuesday 16 April 2013

Sun kissing the ‘Mini skirt law’




A story is told about so and so, big shot, mogul or tycoon who thinks miniskirts are out to get their ‘hard earned money’ in the offices, in corridors hush hush stuff and all but they never complained before! Now with the oncoming ban of the mini skirt they are all up in arms, least they shove their ‘heroism’ in our faces I have decided to side with them this time. 

It’s a big deal this mini skirt law! Why they were fewer voices over the oil scam than the mini skirt law from these ‘economists’ I guess it’s a vacuum I do not intend to leave to the flasks of this world.
First of all, these hankies we call clothes are listed on Forbes list this year as the leading cause of corruption in Uganda. Don’t you know we hold position number err…err Forbes reliably knows the statistics since we keep fluctuating among the top three culprits. 

Anyway, Fr. Simon Lokodo ought to be helped in his fight to restore sanity in the nation and I declare myself his social media support system.  We should indeed declare a state of emergency in the country! The Mini skirt is a no no… it’s a war and we are flinging them out the windows. All you pre-campus, campus and post campus belles need to get acquainted with the Maxi’s chap chap.

Did you know that the pot holed roads, OPM cash scam, renewed load shedding, poor health system in the country  have huge roots in the mini skirt. Aha I literally saw a mini skirt fleece that money! Didn’t you? I swear your kin to that Emperor who wore new clothes that he couldn’t see if you did not see that miniskirt pull a Robin Hood stint.

By the by …err Fr. Lokodo am sorry but I have been swayed by the sun. Well, not really but that’s excuse enough for me. You see I love the miniskirt and I dread the feel and the thought of having to lounge at the beach in jeans or full on cover up Hijab’s. I think some are sorta classy but the miniskirt is my bosom friend.

It taught me that even if I wear one no man has the right to assault me. If I recall once on campus during my ‘party all night’ life times I punched this guy for daring to tap what didn’t belong. That empowerment went supported by all the other men in that night club and alas an apology from this free limbed dude. 

I love the feel of the miniskirt in the sun, the tan that can only be seen by me because of my dark color. The feel of the water from Lake Victoria as I stand at the shores, I terribly dread having to stand in this water in jeans or leggings yish the thought… not funny Father.

These restrictions on the way a woman should wear are but a form of slavery. You give us freedom, emancipation but snatch it back. Why offer it and take it back. Do you remember Idi Amin Dada he also went away sir, along with his Miniskirt ban… it will not stick for long sir if dare passed. Re think it sir re think it.

Xoxo
Pamela Ayaso


No comments:

Post a Comment