Saturday 2 February 2013

Mateos blurs 3


How old a man can get and change so little (in this case a woman). The evidence of this was portrayed in the search for the   purse thief.

As the Australian soldier poured out his profile for the clique to peruse, analyze, dissect and advise me or rather give me the go ahead, the purse was declared stolen.

The suspect, the literal fool (for lack of better term) whom the clique had fought with over the ‘physical pass’. And just like that,  we seemingly grown women went into a search for him( the thief) at Mateo’s – like squirrels after a nut.

Except, Ngel and I were assigned to keep my ‘Gold prince’ company on the dance floor. So as Ngel and I danced to the terrific music ( praise the Dj) behold he leaped or was it jumping around- the ‘muzungu’ way. If I could crawl under a beer can that was the day for the miracle to happen, however, I was the one responsible for my girl’s drunken welfare that night.

I had to draw out my boldness or blind courage and hang out with him; this jumping man. And then he tops it off by asking,” Why is your pal crying?” ‘pal’- really someone shoot me. But I was polite enough to explain the events of the purse’s disappearance.

Next thing I knew he was giving me money to give her to  replace her phone. In awe I tried to return it, claiming it was none of his business. But insist he did and give her the money with the explanation I did.

Then she opened her palm and to not only my surprise but the whole clique we were looking at ‘Benjamin’s’. Yes sweet American dollars.

In a daze, I walked back to him and we danced away as my girl’s flashed their thumbs up in approval. Smiles growing narrow, heart panicking, my emotions all over the place; an ailment not easily treatable.

So I danced and avoided being left alone with him, least I gave him chance to make me pay for his ‘ Benjamin’s ‘ so generously offered.

This diva was plotting to flee. Not that I was scared of the fact that he was kin to ‘western union’. Am not exactly the girl to mess with broke guys, but am not a gold digger either. (excuse the cliché)  This time I wanted out. Except I had to flee with dignity and the question was how?
                 
                            Always
                        P. Ayaso

 

No comments:

Post a Comment