Wednesday 20 February 2013

Ice cold

Haven't you heard, i have no heart... well not me exactly but a group of about six men at Efendy's i happened to eavesdrop in on one Friday evening.

So here i was, being woed by this Apollo of a man ...Efendy's the meeting point, my feet on the table...my cute black and white dress holding all the right curves. My companion very attentive, good company i must say...sigh. The fries on point ...i mean eeh

And then without even leaving a note, these men walk towards us and make camp just next to us. Actually trespassing on our generosity they very loudly start to discuss their day.

 They loudly order for Pepsi's and for the sake of it ... actually not for the sake of it, my companion was now watching football on the television in front of us and i focused on the overly loud men's conversation.
However, if this was a scare tactics... programme ... wherever they are, i assure them today , you scarred my heart for eternity.
These fat faced, overly fed, beer bellied, corruption curved, luganda speaking, kikubo business looking type of men were marking off the number of women they had infected with HIV.
Yes, the virus. Like some sort of trophy to pass around. They bragged... " Oli campuser omweru 'wamutwala' for lack of a polite word.

The goon replied," nawe obimanyi...ssente nga obuwa." He went on to elaborate how he has them have his children in Kenya and then takes them away from them so that they don't infect his children too.
A phone rings, he picks up and speaks to an obviously female person on the other end whom he instructs to go to his home and wait for him and they go on ticking off their conquests.


My eavesdropping has never trurned my heart cold like that day... it literally felt like a goose had walked over my grave. Except am not dead.
So, i tap my companion and tell what's going emphasizing my discomfort. Like a true boy, he laughs it off and continues to watch football or whatever sports had caught his attention. Tells me to ignore them.

Ignore, ignore...was never going to happen. I was a haunted woman; creepers, jeepers and Micheal Jackson's thriller companions. I had to leave this place. So i pulled the oldest trick in all those damsel's in distress hand books and unexpectedly announced its time to head home... Beauty was exhausted.(my foot)

And leave we did but not with my heart as it was... it bears scars now at what it heard. Whoever raised those men i pity. And pray for them i did ... except i implored King David's prayers... war on them lord.

                    sincerely
Pamela Ayaso

No comments:

Post a Comment