Monday 28 January 2013

Mateos blurs 2


I love all these sayings about trouble, except am not good at taking my meds.  This stuff is not exactly the ying to my yang so move over advice. And this particular night I actually gave trouble a seat.  I was taking all that trouble advice and flinging it outside the window.

Anyhow, I turned to my reflection in the Mateo’s ladies room, thought for a moment and then asked the question; “ Ayaso why are you hiding in a bathroom, coward?”  No reply from the Ayaso in the mirror just puzzled blinking eyes.

So I patted my lovely cornrows put on my diva gear and matched out to face the ‘devil’.

Behold … the clique had not only invited the’ devil’ in, they had given the gold prince a seat and boy was the ‘fuel’ read (Smirnoff) flowing in.

 The interrogations were on.  And like some sort of banshee this friend of mine, Ngel was asking questions such as, “So where do you work?”  Not to forget his identity card was being passed around the group like some sort of ceremonial cup.

All heads almost knocking as they paid close attention, my empty seat conveniently left next to him. Anger, betrayal and diva rage was blinding me. But just like a finger had been snapped all my anger and feelings of betrayal never saw the next five seconds when he opened his mouth to reply.

This time trouble became chocolate. I did not only just serve it to him on a silver platter accompanied by a bag of fries,  my feet found their way to the empty chair and my backside gave itself a seat and joined in the head knocking attention.

My mother’s nightmare had just began full on. His voice OMG ( in screaming capitals). This fish had just been caught and was mesmerized straight to the pan; oil, onions, tomatoes and soy sauce.

Except my other girls purse mysteriously disappeared!

                                                Always P. Ayaso

 

No comments:

Post a Comment